Monday 17 December 2007

Amazing Football Prediction Game Rocked By Scandal

It became apparent over the weekend that all is not what it seems in the murky underworld of the Amazing Football Prediction Game. A serious plot was uncovered that is now being made public. The impacts of this scandal are not yet fully known or understood and it will be down to the public vote to decide the course of action.

The Allegations:

Andrew Robb's unwitting girlfriend let slip that she made Andrew's predictions on Friday 14th December because he was "too drunk". No denial from either Andrew Robb nor his misses was made at the time.

To make matters worse, not only did Andrew that week consolidate his third placed money position, he also knocked John N out the cup.

The Poll:

In light of these revelations, it is only right that the other participants get to vote on an appropriate punishment. The options are as follows:

  • Take pity on him - he needs a girl to make his predictions
  • He should be docked 1 points
  • He should be docked 2 points
  • He should be expelled from the Chimay Cup & replaced by John N
  • He should be made to undergo a forfeit that fits the crime at the choosing of the other players
Vote on the right hand side

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

simply not true ! and a poor piece of investigative journalism by Mr Grey, the information contained in this article was obtained in the drunken small hours and has been exaggerated,

True that my mobile was broken and I was unable to send scores,
true that I asked the girlfriend to send the scores from her phone (not to predict them for me!!)

True however that I did ask her to guess 3 scores(2 of which I then did not use as predictions were not surprisingly crap. while said girlfriend and I were under the influence.

A points penalty would be harsh - would feel like somebody running scared cheating to protect their position

James G said...

I agree that a points penalty would be outrageously harsh - though I doff my cap to the heartless bastard who deemed it necessary to dock you two points!

As for your belated denials, I am sure Joel was privy to the candid confession of your lady friend.

Anyway, it is good to see you pleading guilty, and I quote:

true that I asked the girlfriend to send the scores from her phone

True... that I did ask her to guess 3 scores

I [was] under the influence.

I rest my case, your honour.